Prenatal Yoga Melbourne
Classes during COVID -19 will all now be online using zoom until further notice. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries.
Prenatal yoga is a powerhouse of calm and restorative therapy. It’s the key ingredient to bring your physical body and your emotional state together to enjoy a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth.
Prenatal yoga helps to support your changing body. During pregnancy, change is accelerated and your body can need help adjusting and accommodating. Yoga during pregnancy offers women ways to stretch and strengthen their muscles to support their growing belly.
Core, abdominal and pelvic muscles are all-important during pregnancy. Keeping these areas toned and functioning helps the birth process and recovery afterwards.
Prenatal yoga improves muscle tone and leads you to understand where tension is held in your body. This allows you to practice simple breathing techniques to release and let go of tension, which will allow for a smoother and more positive birth experience.
Regularly attending prenatal yoga classes is an act of self-care and a reminder to let go of busyness and bond with your developing baby. As your belly grows, yoga will help you learn and appreciate the amazing work your body is doing.
Yoga brings about a mind-body connection which can help ease common pregnancy complaints such as headaches, back and joint pain, shortness of breath and insomnia. Stretches improve circulation while deep breathing and mindfulness exercises can ease the emotional ups and downs pregnancy brings.
To begin enriching your pregnancy journey with yoga, contact us.
Time: 6:15pm- 7:30pm ( Class starts at 6:30pm allowing time to connect with the teacher and other participants)
To register for a class click on the dates below.
Terms and Conditions
The spot belongs to you once you book and pay. If after, booking you are unable to attend, you are welcome to nominate someone else to attend in your place at least 48 hours PRIOR to the commencement of the workshop. You will need to contact us by phone or email so we can help make that happen for you.
- Passes are valid for one user only and may not be shared
- No refunds are given for classes not attended
- Passes are non-refundable and not extendable
- Passes are non-transferrable once the course has commenced
- If you are unable to make a session please let us know at least 2 hours before so we know not to expect you on the day.
* Mamas please get your doctor’s clearance before starting if you are unsure.
What you will need for this online class:
- A quite space for your yoga matt ( perhaps you want to light a candles and burn some oils to set the scene).
- You can either practice in silence or play ambient music. In that case a speaker or your phone to play relaxing back ground music
- A water bottle.
- Comfy warm clothing.
- Firm cushions or a bolste
- Blanket and or towe
- Blocks ( If you don’t have you can use thick books)
- Yoga strap. An alternative could be a tie /scarf /belt.