Childbirth Education Melbourne
Being prepared, informed and confident can have a huge impact on how your birth unfolds as well as your onward journey into parenthood. Childbirth education is an important tool to help you navigate what you want and how to achieve it.
Being uncertain about what sort of birth you want or being unsure about what to expect can lead you to feeling fearful about birth. Not all births go to plan but having the confidence to make informed choices and the skills to cope during labour can make the experience a positive one, regardless of how birth looks for you.
Nurtured Birth offers tailored and indepth information about labour and birth, to help you uncover your birth preferences and prepare for birth.
Topics covered include:
- What happens in labour and birth
- Coping with labour, pain relief and relaxation techniques
- Partner support strategies to create a joyful experience for you and your partner, increasing feelings of safety and trust that enables you to work with your labour
- Managing labour naturally with an extensive range of strategies and an understanding of how you personally respond to the intensity of birth
- Navigating the hospital system and its policies to your greatest advantage
- Decisions around interventions and drugs for pain relief
- Discussing the importance of support that optimises a healthy, positive birth experience and journey into early parenthood
- Discuss the importance of a birth plan/preferences
- What to expect in the first few days with your baby.
Private classes can be arranged at a time that is convenient for you and your partner. The best time to experience these education classes are between 30-36 weeks.
For information about prices and length of class please visit this page.