Childbirth Education Melbourne
Being prepared, informed and confident can have a huge impact on how your birth unfolds as well as your onward journey into parenthood. Childbirth education is an important tool to help you navigate what you want and how to achieve it. Nurtured Birth offers private classes and group classes throughout the year.
Being uncertain about what sort of birth you want or being unsure about what to expect can lead you to feel fearful about birth. Not all births go to plan but having the confidence to make informed choices and the skills to cope during labour can make the experience a positive one, regardless of how birth looks for you.
Nurtured Birth offers tailored and in-depth information about natural labour and birth, to help you uncover your birth preferences and prepare for birth.
Topics covered include:
- What happens in labour and birth
- Coping with labour, pain relief and relaxation techniques
- Partner support strategies to create a joyful experience for you and your partner, increasing feelings of safety and trust that enables you to work with your labour
- Managing labour naturally with an extensive range of strategies and an understanding of how you personally respond to the intensity of birth
- Navigating the hospital system and its policies to your greatest advantage
- Decisions around interventions and drugs for pain relief
- Discussing the importance of support that optimises a healthy, positive birth experience and journey into early parenthood
- Discuss the importance of a birth plan/preferences
- What to expect in the first few days with your baby.
Private classes can be arranged at a time that is convenient for you and your partner. The best time to experience these education classes is from 27 weeks.
- Private classes with Sarah Goldberg will be $450+gst. (3 hours).
- Group classes (Small group max 4 couples) will be $400+gst (5 hours).
To begin preparing for a positive birth experience, pleasd check below for our upcoming Childbirth Education Group Classes. If you would like to organise a private class, please contact us
Childbirth Education Group ClassesS
Group Childbirth Education Classes with Sarah Goldberg are now available to book. Limited to only four couples, these classes are an intimate group class to prepare you and your birthing partner for labour and birth.
Dates: Saturday April 17th
Place: The Nook Yoga Studio
Cost: $400+ gst per couple
To register for the next Group Childbirth Education Group Class, click on the start date below in the calendar, or follow the links below