Nurtured Birth Terms & Conditions
- Welcome to Nurtured Birth. We are looking forward to treating you. Below are the terms and conditions that will govern our relationship. It is important that you read this information carefully. Feel free to raise any queries or concerns you have in relation to these terms and conditions before we commence treating you.
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- By booking your consultation with us, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms”) and they will be incorporated into the contract between Nurtured Birth and you (“Contract”). The Contract is formed when your consultation is confirmed.
- The fee for your consultation is set out on our website (“Consultation Fee”) and will be as stated as part of this online booking form.
- All payments for the Consultation Fee must be made on the day of your consultation. We are a private billing clinic. We do not bulk bill through Medicare. We do accept private health fund claims as part of the payment process for your consultation.
Cancellation and postponements
- We understand that things happen in life, and we will be understanding and fair when it comes to cancellations and postponements. We ask that you please let us know as far in advance as possible if you need to postpone or cancel your consultation.
- Notwithstanding, you acknowledge that cancelling your consultation may limit Nurtured Birth’s ability to take on other clients. Give this, you agree that that if you need to cancel your consultation, the following cancellation fees will apply, and are reasonable in all the circumstances:
- For cancellations more than 24 hours prior to the consultation – no charge
- For cancellations within 24 hours of your consultation – 50% of the Consultation Fee
- For no shows – the full Consultation Fee is payable.
- You will not be charged for your consultation if your no show is due to you going into labour.
- For postponements, if you provide more than 24 hours’ notice, you may postpone a session to a mutually agreeable time. Postponements within 24 hours’ of your consultation will attract the above cancellation fee.
- If Nurtured Birth needs to cancel your consultation, we will provide you with as much notice as possible. Rest assured, we will only cancel a consultation if it is absolutely essential. Nurtured Birth shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage whatsoever as a result of the cancellation pursuant to this clause 9, including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss.
Our promise to you
- Nurtured Birth will treat you with care, skill, competence and diligence.
- In order to enhance our relationship, you must provide us with honest, complete, accurate and timely information and instructions.
- Our relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that you share with Nurtured Birth as part of your consultation, will be bound by the principles of confidentiality.
- Nurtured Birth will not disclose any information pertaining to you without your written consent. However, there may be times where Nurtured Birth is legally compelled to provide such confidential information and in such circumstances we will be bound to disclose this confidential information (for example, in the event of Nurtured Birth receiving a lawfully issued subpoena, or where we reasonably believe there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to you or others).
- If you are booking a mobile massage with Nurtured Birth the following conditions apply:
- We may decline your request for a mobile massage service if the distance of travel is too far to travel (your location must be within 20 minutes travel time by car of the Nurtured Birth location); and
- There must be no stairs at your location as we will not be able to transport our mobile massage service equipment to your location.
- Any term of this Contract that is either wholly or partly unenforceable will be severed to the extent necessary to make the remaining terms of this Contract enforceable.
- Any partial exercise, failure to exercise, or delay in exercising a power, right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions, or by law, does not operate as a waiver, or prevent or restrict any further or later exercise of that power, right, or remedy.
- These terms and conditions may not be varied, except in writing signed by both of us.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Victoria.