- Welcome to Nurtured Birth. We provide women with support during their pregnancy and birth to enable them to step into motherhood with confidence.
- We understand that your personal information is highly confidential and sensitive and as such, we are committed to the protection of your privacy.
- We are bound by the Health Records Act (2001). This Act stipulates our obligations in how we handle your personal information. We strive to protect your personal information while keeping your records clear and accessible to you at all times. Client information can only be released upon receipt of the written consent of the client and their practitioner.
What is personal information?
- “Personal information” means information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information or opinion.
- The personal Information that we may collect includes but is not limited to:
- ‘contact information’, such as your name, phone numbers, address details, and email address; and
- your date of birth, age, gender.
- We collect this personal information in the context of a consultation at our clinic. Most of this information is stored on our database as well as in your personal file. This information is used to contact you directly regarding your consultation, appointments, or treatment.
- At your consultation we may also collect other information about yourself that you choose to share with us. This may include details about your pregnancy (i.e. referring obstetrician, delivery date, etc) and your physical and emotional health concerns and lifestyle factors. We use this information to understand your health query, to answer your questions about your health needs and to tailor a treatment program to address your needs. This information is collected only with your consent and can be updated at any time.
How we use personal information
- We may use your personal information for the primary purpose of treating you and conducting health consultations with you. We may also use your personal information for purposes related reasonably related to this primary purpose (which may include but is not limited to following up after treatment to see how you are feeling).
- Your email address will not be added to any mailing list, nor will it be disclosed to any other party without your knowledge and consent.
Storage of personal information
- We recognise that the nature of our services means personal information which we store is often considered especially sensitive. Therefore, we aim to keep your personal information safe and secure at all times.
- Our practitioners and reception staff will use telephone and email details to confirm all appointments 24 hours before the scheduled time. Nurtured Birth will only be identified when speaking with the client directly and we will not identify the name of the clinic to any other party. Any messages will identify the call as a personal call.
- If we no longer have any further need for your personal information we may remove it from our databases and systems and/or destroy records of it.
How to correct and access personal information
- If you provided us with your personal information, you can update that personal information by contacting us in accordance with paragraph 17 below. We will update the personal information that we hold about you in accordance with any request or updated details that you provide to us.
- You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about you. You can request access to the personal information by contacting us in accordance with clause 17 below. Please note there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for the refusal.
Who to contact at Nurtured Birth about privacy matters
- We will investigate your queries and provide you with a response within a reasonable period of time.