Postnatal Naturopathy Melbourne
The postnatal period includes the critical first six weeks after your baby is born. It’s a time of many emotional and physical changes and challenges, as you settle into a new rhythm and learn to care for your newborn. Postnatal naturopathy supports you to aim for optimal health that will sustain you and your family’s wellbeing.
At Nurtured Birth we’re experts at supporting new mothers and their families in this exciting and challenging time after birth. As you learn to care for your baby, you also need support to ensure you have the resources to recover and cope with times of exhaustion. Our naturopath uses a range of therapies to assist with the physical healing and emotional balancing of you and your baby after birth.
Your nutritional needs are highest when recovering and breastfeeding. Having expert advice on how to best achieve this is one less thing to worry about. Herbs may also assist with breastmilk production and quality, ensuring your baby’s nutritional needs are fully met.
Some of the ways our naturopath can assist you after birth include:
- Recovery and healing, such as uterus returning to normal size, tears or caesarean section incision healing
- Breastmilk production and quality
- Reducing baby’s reaction to breastmilk, colic or reflux
- Ensuring adequate growth of baby
- Fatigue, boosting energy
- Emotional support, including anxiety, postnatal depression, low mood
- Prevention and treatment of mastitis
- Cracked and sore nipples
- Blood loss.
By nurturing you in the postnatal period, you can focus on bonding with your baby and enjoying this new chapter of your life.