Birth Doula in MelbourneI am very passionate about pregnancy, birth and post natal care and I contribute to families by providing them with a supportive and nurturing birth experience as a doula. During your pregnancy I work with you to develop a warm relationship providing pregnancy massage, childbirth education and birth planning. I am familiar and experienced with supporting families who have prepared in Hypnobirth and Calmbirth techniques. I also have experience with VBAC’s (Vaginal Birth After Caesarian) and women who have previously experienced birth trauma, postnatal and antenatal depression. Whether you are preparing for a natural birth, a birth with pain relief or are scheduled for a caesarian section, I am experienced in supporting woman in all these possible scenarios. After the birth, I also provide postnatal doula support, which can include a birth debrief, support with the new baby and mobile massage. My aim is to assist your family on the journey into parenthood so that you can feel strong and positive as you navigate this next chapter of your lives.
Birth DoulaServices Provided:
- Minimum of two prenatal meetings, which includes assistance in creating a birth preferences.
- Phone support as needed throughout pregnancy.
- On-call status 24 hours a day
- Evidence based information for you to research so that you can make informed decisions about your care during pregnancy, labour, birth and postpartum.
- Early labor support at your home or hospital as required, or requested.
- Continuous labor support once active labor has begun and up to an hour after the birth.
- Non-medical comfort measures such as position changes, relaxation, massage and other techniques for pain management during labour.
- Maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment as allowed by medical staff.
- 1 postpartum meeting, usually occurring within the first seven days after the birth. This is to see how you are going, discuss any concerns you have, to review your birth, and to gain feedback about my role as your doula.
Back up DoulaIn the slight chance that I am unavailable e.g. at another birth or I am unwell, a back up doula will attend to you until I can arrive. My back up doula will have made contact with you at one stage during your pregnancy so that you are familiar with her.
.Services and fees:
.Doula Birth Support starts at $1,600 +GST
.Additional fees may apply for
- My attendance at one or more of your childbirth preparation classes.
- My attendance at one or more of your pre-natal appointments with your health care provider so that I may meet them before the onset of labour.
- Pregnancy and postnatal Massage.
- Private childbirth education.
.“My partner & I were very anxious about the impending birth of our first born. With my often difficult relationship with my mother I knew a gap needed to be filled during labour. A doula seemed like the ideal solution to provide the presence of a nurturing mother figure and to be a knowledgeable, calming influence in one of the most stressful and important life events. Sarah was the lady for the job! We felt a great connection with Sarah straight away with her caring, open approach. She can be a trusted guide to navigate through the often confusing birth process. It felt like a powerful team of the 3 of us to welcome our daughter to the world. Of course our birth plan got derailed, but Sarah was the adaptable, communicative problem solver. Sarah reassured us through an epidural & emergency c section & was the most tremendous, committed support. I now count Sarah as my friend, I would recommend her services both as a trusted, experienced doula & the masseuse with the magic touch. Firstly if you are considering getting a doula – do it! Secondly when deciding on who – get Sarah!” Amy, Fito and Sofia 2014
To have Sarah at your birth, please call 0401 083 778